Monday, January 30, 2017

Dreaming of Hawaii

Even though it hasn't been too bad of a winter here, I am ready for green grass, birds chirping, blue sky and SPRING!!  
A friend of mine just returned from a vacation in Hawaii, and we were talking about what a different world it feels like there.  Life just seems a bit slower ... and the stunning beauty that surrounds the islands is really hard to describe! 
Since I'm dreaming of nice warm weather, I thought I would go through some of the 100's of photos I took when we visited Kauai a few years ago and share my favorites with you today.  Aloha!!  And enjoy these beautiful views!!

The view from our lanai ... beautiful sunrises ...
 The beach in front of the Wapouli Beach Condo were we stayed
 The view from the back side of the condo

Our beautiful accommodations for the week
 Wild bamboo trees



 Kilauea Lighthouse
Up close at Kilauea Lighthouse

 Sunset
 Holo Holo Whale Watching Adventure
 Sunset after watching whales
 One of the spectacular views from the helicopter ride over the island
It had been raining on the island for weeks, so the waterfalls we saw during the helicopter ride were plentiful

 Waimea Canyon from the helicopter (Kauai's "Grand Canyon")
 The Napoli Coast - breathtakingly beautiful - WAY beyond words and the photo doesn't do it justice!
 Raining on one side of the island, bright and sunny on the other
I hope we have another opportunity to enjoy the beautiful island of Kauai, but there is so much to see in the USA ... I'm not sure we will make it back ... but I am thankful for the memories of a week in heaven!!


No comments:

Post a Comment